BECOME A TRAINER
All over Australia there are communities that have been delivering LOVE BITES for many years at a very high standard, and it is these people and their communities that have kept LOVE BITES strong. We acknowledge that the best trainers, with the best skills for working with young people are not from experienced exterior trainers but those who are passionate about the program, and dedicated to Respectful Relationship education.
Training will be conducted so that potential trainers will be able to deliver Love Bites training to service providers. The training will be thorough and comprehensive and we will then select and hire trainers on a casual basis.
The training will be based on best practice and will cover:
- The new Love Bites manual
- Building facilitator skills
- Understanding adolescent development in relation to Love Bites
- Managing challenging behaviour from young people
- Managing challenging adult behaviour in Love Bites sessions and in Love Bites communities
- Managing challenging behaviour in Love Bites training
- How to handle a disclosure
- A Love Bites trainer – a new perspective / how to be neutral
- Nuts and Bolts – payment, travel, availability etc